Rules of Engagement for Referral Leads
These Rules of Engagement are a framework to minimize channel conflict and set expectations for the rules that will govern leads sent from Referral Partners to Celigo. The rules and scenarios outlined below do not take into consideration every scenario that may arise. Situations not defined below will be handled on a case by case basis with the Referral Partner.
Definition of a Valid Referral Lead
A valid lead is defined as a decision maker or influencer within a broader organization who is interested in Celigo products that will be making a decision to purchase in the next 12 months.
- The deal registration cannot be for a Celigo product already purchased and in use by a current Celigo customer.
- If the lead is an existing Celigo prospect that is already moving through the sales cycle with a Celigo sales representative that has meaningful activity logged in the last 90 days, the lead will be rejected.
Examples of Invalid Referral Leads
- Marketing lists purchased by Partners will not qualify as a lead until the lead has met the definition of a valid lead.
- Unqualified leads met at a trade show will not qualify as a lead until the lead has met the definition of a valid lead.
Submission & Review Processes
- All Referral Leads must be submitted as early in the deal cycle as possible via the Referral Lead Form on the Celigo website.
- Leads not submitted will not be eligible for commission. All leads will be subject to approval by Celigo.
- Once the lead is submitted it will be routed to the Channel Organization in Celigo for review.
- If accepted, the Lead will be routed to the appropriate Celigo Account Executive. The Celigo Account Executive will follow-up with the Partner or Prospect directly, as dictated by the Partner when filling out the Referral Lead Form.
- The partner associated to that lead for 12 months from the day Celigo accepts the registration. Celigo will make its best efforts to respond to all submitted leads within 2 business days of receipt.
- If a lead is rejected, Celigo will provide explanation as to the rationale behind the decision.
Maintaining Eligibility for Commission
- To be eligible for commission, a Partner may not suggest any of Celigo’s competitors as an alternative unless the customer explicitly asks for multiple options. In the same fashion, Celigo will not introduce another Partner into an account in which we were brought in by a Partner.
- Updates on submitted leads will be requested as needed, as Celigo needs to determine whether the lead submitted is still valid. Failure to provide descriptive updates as to status may result in the lead being disassociated from the Partner.
Commission Payments & Required Partner Details
Celigo will make its best efforts to pay commission on Valid Referral Leads within 30 days of receiving payment from the customer on the subscription portion of the transaction. The following information is needed from each Partner to ensure we can make this payment in a timely manner:
- For domestic Partners in the United States we need confirmation of the address the physical check should be mailed to.
- For international Partners outside of the United States we need wire information of your banking details.
Examples of Channel Conflict
- If Partner A submits a lead that has already been accepted by Celigo and is owned by Partner B, the lead will be rejected.
- If Partner A submits a lead before Celigo can accept or reject the lead and Partner B submits the exact same lead, Partner A will own the lead and Partner B’s lead will be rejected.