Who are we?
At Celigo, we are pioneering the future of application integration with novel new strategies, cutting edge technologies, and of course a diehard team that will go to any length to make your most complicated integrations just work. Our core mission at Celigo is simple: to enable independent best of breed applications to work together as one. We believe that every independent department and every business end user should always have choices when it comes to picking software, and that integration challenges should never stand in the way.
Location - Hyderabad, India.
- Celigo is looking for an experienced Engineering manager to lead one of our Platform teams. Our platforms are built to be highly available and scalable supporting large-scale transactions.
- Our criteria of a successful engineering leader is one who understands the business landscape, is excited to work with people, highly collaborative, energetic, passionate about our product & our customers, and at the same time technically strong & loves technology.
- You will manage and lead a team of high-caliber developers working on one of our important platform areas.
- We expect our Engineering Managers to be customer focused, have an excellent grasp on business priorities, and be able to translate the team’s contributions to tangible business value for our company. They are passionate about hiring & grooming high quality talent, keeping them focused & motivated and representing the team to leadership. They should possess stellar delivery execution skills, build good relationships with Product Management, have a good understanding of ROI, manage the technical team’s roadmap and keep technical debt under control.
Who are we looking for?
- Masters/Bachelors degree required in Computer Science/Engineering, Software Engineering or Equivalent discipline (EEE, ECE).
- 12+ years of total experience in Software Product Development with at least 6 years of team management experience in leading.
- Experience building and leading team(s) of high-caliber software engineers.
- Must have successfully delivered complex, demanding projects for large scale SaaS product(s).
- Experience working in an Agile development environment. Experience playing the scrum master for at least one year is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with full product life cycle including post production release support.
- Experience working with multiple functions including but not limited to Product Management, Program Management, Quality Assurance, UI/UX design teams, Documentation, Customer Success teams (including Support).
- Should be experienced in Software Engineering best practices including coding standards, code-reviews, Source Control, CI/CD, Testing, Security Standards, Compliance.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and comfortable working with minimal specifications.
What would you do, if hired?
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with program managers, product owners, engineers (Dev & QA), architects and other cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to align on business objectives, priorities, trade-offs and assess risks, if any.
- Take critical decisions for the team whenever required to result in a successful product delivery.
- Should foresee issues and prevent/resolve them at the earliest opportunity.
- Work following Agile development methodologies using various related tools, like JIRA.
- Ensure the team is motivated, focused, clear on priorities and have all the needed resources for successful execution. Should encourage and be a role-model for the team to go above and beyond.
- Represent the team in business related discussions and articulate business values of the team’s contributions in larger business-focused forums and/or to senior management.
- Drive technical excellence and high quality deliverables. Should constantly think for the future by building the right infrastructure at the right time.
- Provide guidance, career development and coaching to team members.
- Participate in planning, architecture, and design discussions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for coordination, planning, design decisions, and reviews.
The Best candidate?
- Is passionate about making a world-class software organization.
- Has experience building large-scale distributed platforms either as part of a team or must have managed a team building them.
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment, working with a highly-talented team and shifting priorities.
- Has excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Is great at making data-driven decisions; should use appropriate metrics and report using them in Executive/senior leadership meetings.
- Is comfortable in designing and implementing new processes (or) modify existing processes internally to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Has the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and key partners for the program.
- Has strong business and technical vision.
- Can stay abstract or detail oriented as the situation demands.
- Has demonstrated the ability of thinking big, bringing new ideas, building teams & infrastructure for the future.
- Learns quickly; must know when to listen, and when to take charge.