Position: We currently have a Payroll Specialist opening based out of our San Mateo, CA headquarters. This position will report to our Manager of Accounting.
Who are we looking for?
- 2-3 years of experience managing a multi-state US payroll environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, HR, or equivalent major
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now (required) and NetSuite
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, INDEX-MATCH formulas)
- High-level attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding oral communication, analytical and written skills
- Proven track record of handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
What would you do, if hired?
- Full-cycle processing of US payroll on a bi-monthly basis for 175+ employees in 20+ states.
- Manage timely and accurate payroll processes for new hires, transfers, leave of absence, promotions, and terminations, as well as garnishments, PTO, benefits, and taxes.
- Maintain ADP Time & Attendance.
- Generate and audit payroll reports.
- Post payroll journal entries to the accounting system and maintain monthly reconciliations.
- Respond to employee payroll inquiries, including and not limited to pay details, tax withholdings, PTO, garnishment, and 401(k).
- Strong knowledge of federal/state payroll withholdings and proper taxation of employer benefits.
- Enforce federal, state, and local labor compliance by continually studying existing and new legislation.
- Respond to payroll and tax notices from federal, state, and local agencies.
- Assist with financial audit, 401(k) audit, and workers’ comp audit.
- Provide ad-hoc reports as needed by various internal departments.
- Partner with HR in aligning and implementing a more sophisticated payroll and benefits system.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits, and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations and strengthen internal controls.
- Assist with International payroll, as needed.
Why you’ll love it here:
- We are solving a really hard problem that affects almost every business on the planet: integrating cloud apps
- You get the best of both worlds: a start-up opportunity at a company that has already established itself in the market with thousands of happy customers.
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the company as well as the iPaaS industry as a whole.
- We’re at an exciting crossroads as we re-imagine the Integration and iPaaS space. This will take teamwork, creativity, strategic thinking, and a willingness to advance the market.
- We have just expanded into EMEA and are growing very fast. On top of being a founding member of the EMEA team, there will be lots of career growth/change opportunities down the road.
Celigo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.